Logistics is considered as the set of methods and means necessary to organize a company or service. The logistics sector focuses on delivering products to the customer, according to the conditions previously agreed (quantity of products, stipulated time, geolocation …). Within logistics, it is usually included the transport of goods, storage costs, handling, preparation and order planning (among many other aspects).
Aspects that influence logistics
In the logistics sector, there are different aspects that have a great influence. Currently, both globalization, technology, consumer evolution, legal aspects, government policies, etc., are aspects that directly influence the sector.
Currently, one of the key aspects that make the difference is that we are facing a globalized market. Without a doubt, this is one of the aspects that completely changes the sector.
Advantages of the logistics sector
The truth is that the logistics sector has many advantages, including:
- A better use of the distribution network: When you have a good logistics system, with different logistics operators, you can optimize the times, along with the distribution chain. This means that there are different companies dedicated to logistics and distribution that are fundamental at a national and international level.
- Costs reduction: This is possible thanks to the different globalized distribution systems, since they reduce transport costs.
A more efficient logistic chain: If it is possible to carry out a more efficient logistic management, getting to improve both the final customer satisfaction and the service.
- Transportation and express delivery: Today more than ever, systems that allow urgent transport are being implemented. In this way, orders can reach their final destination in much less time than a few years ago.
- Information technology: Technology is helping to evolve the sector itself, improving times and processes.
Disadvantages of the logistics sector
The truth is that there are also some disadvantages that must be taken into account, including:
- Coordination: Especially in cases of international logistics, there may be some failures in international coordination, usually the most frequent problems are: language, schedule, cultural change …
- Multinationals and large companies: The usual thing is that the sector is covered with very large companies. Both medium and small companies have very difficult access.
- Cost of transport: The greater the distance to travel, the greater its cost. This makes it difficult to get a competitive price.
- Legality: In logistics, the legislation has much to say both at the level of laws, customs policy, and the entry and exit of product.
Did you know that there are so many aspects that influence logistics?